SCVA High Performance
The 2017 season was a smashing success! An enormous thank you to our athletes, families, coaches, sponsor (Mizuno) and staff!
We are excited to announce our coaching staff. We are pleased such high caliber and experienced coaches have agreed to return for another season. And, our newest head coach joins us after spending last summer at the Olympic games in Rio.
will lead our Youth International
team. Coach Hawks is currently an assistant coach at UCLA and has previously served as the head coach of both the USA Youth and Junior National teams in the past. Coach Hawks lead our 2016 team to a Bronze medal finish in the International division. For a second summer, Jaylen Reyes
, BYU men's volleyball assistant coach, will join our Youth International team as the assistant coach.
will lead our Youth National
team. Coach Hollenbeck is currently an assistant coach at USC and has worked within the USA High Performance coaching pipeline. Coach Hollenbeck captured the program's second Gold medal repeating in as many tries in the Youth National division in 2016. Andrew Hein
will join our Youth National team as the assistant coach.
will lead our Select National
team. Coach Hunt is currently an assistant coach at Pepperdine University and has served as an assistant coach to the bronze medal winning USA Women's National team in Rio 2016. Josh Walker
, University of Hawaii men's volleyball assistant coach, will join our Select National team as the assistant coach.
will once again serve as our lead Technical Coordinator.
2017 Rosters (July 12, 2017)
Age Divisions for 2017 USA High Performance Championships tournament
International Youth ~ born in 1998 or after
National Youth ~ born in 1999 or after
National Select ~ born in 2001 or after
- High Performance Championships are July 18-22, 2017, in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Our training camp will be the week of July 10-14, 2017.
- We will train 8AM - NOON at ASC (and/or MMTSC).
- The teams travel/fly as a group on Sunday, July 16, 2017. We will return from Fort Lauderdale (FLL) on Sunday, July 23, 2017.
- Outbound flight LAX to FLL via JetBlue on flight 700 departing 7:55AM and arriving 4:11PM
- Return flight FLL to LAX via JetBlue on flight 701 departing 9:25 AM and arriving 11:44AM
- We may have a few extra group fare round trip flights available for purchase. If interested, please email Robert Rios.
- The teams will stay at the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale, 1881 SE 17th St., Ft. Lauderdale, FL while at the High Performance Championships.
- Cost to participate in the program include the flights to/from tournament and lodging.
- Cost for 2017 SCVA HP - $1,500.00 per athlete. Cost includes round trip flight, hotel accommodations in Ft. Lauderdale and complete uniform package. Cost does not include meals or lodging during training camp or while in Florida or any incidental costs.
- Invited Athlete Information - June 2017 (Internaiontal Youth, National Youth & National Select teams)
For more information, please email Robert Rios, Program Director.
2016 SCVA HP Youth International Bronze Medal 2016 SCVA HP Youth National Gold Medal
2015 SCVA HP Youth National Gold Medal Brandon Browning, 2016 SCVA HP Youth International