The 32nd Annual Las Vegas Classic
February 17th - 19th, 2018
This is a Support the Sport event, which is the "Stay and Play" policy for SCVA events. Please look closely at the policy and plan ahead to book your rooms through KC Sports Housing.
Support the Sport (Event Housing Policy): http://www.kcsportshousing.com/
The cost of this year's event will be $900.00 per team. To enter the event, please enter through Advanced Event Systems at www.advancedeventsystems.com The event will open on AES at 9PM PST on October 31, 2017, and will close as soon as the event is filled. Due to limited court space, the number of teams will be strictly enforced. This year, the SCVA will offer a 16 and under division. Each club will have the ability to enter ONE, and only one, 16 and under team into the division.
SCVA partners with Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino
For the 32nd Annual Las Vegas Classic
The SCVA 32nd Annual Las Vegas Classic taking place over President’s Day Weekend, February, 17 – 19, 2018, will be held at Mandalay Bay, 3950 Las Vegas Blvd S, Las Vegas, NV 89119. There will be over 900,000 square feet of playing space on their vast convention center grounds. There is no entry fee for spectators. Parking will be up to $15/day at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center.
In addition, the tram running between the Luxor and the Mandalay Bay Hotel will open at 6:00AM for our event.
Map Layout click here.
Online registration will open at 9PM PST on October 31, 2017, at www.advancedeventsystems.com, for the 18 Open and Club, 17 Open and Club, and 16 Club Divisions. Please contact KC Sport Housing to book rooms in accordance with our Support the Sport Stay and Play policy. Their website is www.kcsportshousing.com, their email contact is email@example.com and their phone contact is 1-800-775-7244.
There are multiple snack bars in all of the halls. There is a large Starbucks, a 24 hour cafe, buffet, etc. In addition, there is a Food Court outside Hall A and B which has the follwing options and hours:
Bonanno's New Your Pizza - 7am - 10pm
Johnny Rockets - 10am - 10pm
Subway - open 24 hours
Pan Asian Express - 9am - 10pm
Other food ordering options and discounts:
Buca di Beppo Coupon
Buca di Beppo Menu
Planet Hollywood Coupon
Planet Hollywood Menu
The complete event will be uploaded to AES early the week of 02/12/2018.
The SCVA and Marki Recruiting Events have partnered to establish the best showcase in the country at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas on Friday, February 16th. The SCVA Unsigned Showcase is a great addition to the Las Vegas Classic which has been successful for 32 years. This is the 12th year that the SCVA has been a part of running an unsigned showcase prior to the Las Vegas Classic event. The SCVA runs this showcase with Marki Recruiting Events. Please note that this is not BIOKATS who is advertising a recruiting showcase event which is not sponsored by SCVA. Uncommitted players in the class of 2018, 2019, and 2020 can participate. Last year we had over 250 college coaches attend. We will have the list of coaches posted on our website and update them weekly.
The cost is $99.95 for early registration and $114.95 for anyone who registers after February 9th at 12:00 AM. Registration will open on December 1st at the following link: MarKirecruitingevents.com. All participants will receive a t-shirt and products from our sponsor Gatorade.
What to expect:
- All positions will go through position specific drills to highlight their ability.
- All athletes will perform 6 vs 6 to showcase game play.
- All athletes will receive a position specific shirt and a bib number.
- Our player data base will be made available to every college coach in the country at no charge.
- A highlight video can be downloaded for all college coaches to see.
- A Recruiting Seminar for all parents (NOT allowed in the exhibit halls during the showcase) will be run by David Rubio, Head coach at the University of Arizona. The recruiting process is confusing and very time consuming. Please attend and let coach Rubio give you the best advice to make the process easier.
- There will be 100's of college coaches walking the courts evaluating athletes.
- There will be a Hospitality room for all college coaches to encourage them to be present at every session.
This exciting event at Mandalay Bay is right around the corner. Please see below for guidelines regarding check in and roster requirements:
- Check in will be in the lobby of the Mandalay Bay Convention Center beginning at 2pm on Friday, February 16.
- Check in will end promptly at 8pm on Friday, February 16 and resume at 6:30am on Saturday, February 17, also in the Mandalay Bay Convention Center lobby.
- Each team must submit an AES event roster at the check in desk that is pre-printed, signed, dated, phone number, etc.
- Roster updates are open until the morning of the start of the event, so all changes must be made electronically through AES. No write ins!
- Each team will also need a copy of their AES event roster for each round of play. While these will not be collected, it is a good idea to have several copies in case one is lost or misplaced or left behind.
- If you choose to save time, you can email this signed and verified roster to firstname.lastname@example.org anytime from now until Wednesday, February 14, at 3pm. Anytime after this, they cannot be accepted as the office will be closed, and emails will not be forwarded. You will received a confirmation if I have received your emailed roster. If you do not receive such an email, please be prepared to go to the event check in in Las Vegas either Friday afternoon or Saturday morning.
Thanks for your cooperation, and see you soon!
AM Wave – 8 AM start
PM Wave – 2 PM (possibly 3 PM) start
15Open – AM wave
16Club – AM wave
16Open – AM wave
17Club – PM wave
17Open – AM wave
18Club – PM wave
18Open – AM wave
There will be no coaches meeting on Friday night. Any and all changes will be updated on AES. Please note, that the tournament will be paperless and all results will be accessed online through the AES system, or by using one of their apps for smart phones.
College Coaches : Recruiting materials available through University Athlete.
Coaches in attandance this year...click here.
General Information for the Event:
OFFICIAL NOTICE: All tournaments are considered private events owned and operated by the Southern California Volleyball Association (SCVA), under the rules and regulations required for sanction by USA Volleyball.Â Tournament areas may be used to photograph and record video and film footage in connection with the sporting event, for authorized use as described in the USAV Code of Conduct required of all participants. The SCVA is not affiliated with any independent, third-party video, photography or recruiting service that may be filming or photographing at events, and has NOT granted any official rights to these companies for the use of footage obtained at the event. Official media representatives are designated with a MEDIA identification, representing their own individual publications or news sources. The official photographers are identified with STAFF or PHOTO identification.Â Any other persons conducting business in any SCVA competition venue without authorization are subject to removal from the premises.
Website page updated: Thursday, August 10, 2017 12:37 PM