Girls Tryout Dates
and Commitment Dates
Beginning with the 2007/2008 season, the Southern California Volleyball Association will be implementing regulations on tryout dates and commitment dates.
For the 2017/2018 season, all junior girls clubs are eligible to host tryouts for the various age divisions on the following dates:
- Tryouts for 15 and older age divisions:
- Open on Augst 12, 2017
- Monday, August 14, 2017, is the first day a player can sign a letter of commitment
- Monday, August 14, 2017, is the first day players may be sized for uniforms
- Tryouts for 14 and under age divisions:
- Open on October 7, 2017
- Tuesday, October 10, 2017, is the first day a player can sign a letter of commitment
- Tuesday, October 10, 2017, is the first day players may be sized for uniforms
Once the letter of commitment is signed and turned into one club, the player is then committed to that club. If a player does not follow the tryout procedures, commitment date, and/or the transfer procedures, she may be suspended for the 2017/2018 season.
SCVA Tryout Procedures, should be posted at all club tryouts.
SCVA Tryout Procedures for Bakersfield, Las Vegas, San Diego Areas should also be posted at all tryouts.
Please note, the SCVA recognizes that Bakersfield, Las Vegas, and San Diego area high school players are bound to different CIF rules. The SCVA asks that all Bakersfield, Las Vegas, and San Diego clubs and players abide by those rules, so as to not jeopardize the eligibility of girls during their high school season. Thus the following tryout dates and commitment dates will be used for those clubs in the Bakersfield, Las Vegas, and San Diego areas:
- Girls 14 and Under Divisions- tryout date of October 14, 2017 with a commitment date of Tuesday, October 17, 2017. The commitment day of Tuesday, October 17, 2017, is also the first day a player can be sized for uniforms.
- Girls 15 and Under Division- To Be Determined
- Girls 18 and 16 and Under Divisions- To Be Determined
- For corrected Tryout Procedures page, click here.
A Letter of Commitment must be signed by all participants.
A Letter of Commitment for San Diego area players.
After tryouts have been completed, and letter of commitments signed and submitted to clubs, all teams in the 14s and under divisions may not begin practices until November 1, 2017. After tryouts have been completed, and letter of commitments signed and submitted to clubs, all teams in the 15s and older divisions may not begin practices until December 1, 2017. An organized practice is defined as 5 or more rostered individuals participating in designed volleyball training. Team bonding get-togethers do not qualify as practices.
The Transfer Period will be from February 1, 2018 to February 23, 2018. No transfer between clubs will be allowed prior to or after the transfer period. In order to transfer between clubs during the transfer period, one must complete an application for a change of clubs, and then wait for the SCVA to approve the transfer. No transfers will be granted to any player who has competed in any Junior National Qualifier.