The 33rd Annual Las Vegas Classic
February 16th - 18th, 2019
This is a Support the Sport event, which is the "Stay and Play" policy for SCVA events. Please look closely at the policy and plan ahead to book your rooms through KC Sports Housing.
Support the Sport (Event Housing Policy): http://www.kcsportshousing.com/
The cost of this year's event will be $900.00 per team. To enter the event, please enter through Advanced Event Systems at www.advancedeventsystems.com The event will open on AES at 9PM PST on October 31, 2018, and will close as soon as the event is filled. Due to limited court space, the number of teams will be strictly enforced. This year, the SCVA will offer a 15 Open Division, in addition to the 18 Open and Club, the 17 Open and Club, and the 16 Open and Club Divsions.
FOR GENERAL INFORMATION, CLICK HERE.
This exciting event at Mandalay Bay is right around the corner. Please see below for guidelines regarding check in and roster requirements:
- Check in will be in the lobby of the Mandalay Bay Convention Center beginning at 2pm on Friday, February 15.
- Check in will end promptly at 8pm on Friday, February 15 and resume at 6:30am on Saturday, February 16, also in the Mandalay Bay Convention Center lobby.
- Each team must submit an AES event roster at the check in desk that is pre-printed, signed, dated, phone number, etc.
- Roster updates are open until the morning of the start of the event, so all changes must be made electronically through AES. No write ins!
- Each team will also need a copy of their AES event roster for each round of play. While these will not be collected, it is a good idea to have several copies in case one is lost or misplaced or left behind.
- If you choose to save time, you can email this signed and verified roster to firstname.lastname@example.org anytime from now until Wednesday, February 13, at 3pm. Anytime after this, they cannot be accepted as the office will be closed, and emails will not be forwarded. You will received a confirmation if I have received your emailed roster. If you do not receive such an email, please be prepared to go to the event check in in Las Vegas either Friday afternoon or Saturday morning.
Thanks for your cooperation, and see you soon!
Below are the wave assignments for Day 1 for the 2019 Las Vegas Classic:
15Open – AM start
16Club – both AM and PM start
16Open – AM start
17Club – PM start
17Open Elite - AM Start
17Open – AM start
18Club – PM start
18Open Elite - AM Start
18Open – AM start
The AM wave will begin play at 8:00AM and the PM wave will either begin play at 2:00PM or 3:00PM.
Division 1 (1sts and 2nds from round 1) will play in the AM
Division 2 (3rds and 4ths from round 1) will play in the PM
All teams play in single-elimination brackets beginning in the morning with last matches not schedule to begin after 3:00PM
There will be no coaches meeting on Friday night. Any and all changes will be updated on AES. Please note, that the tournament will be paperless and all results will be accessed online through the AES system, or by using one of their apps for smart phones.
College Coaches : Recruiting materials available through University Athlete.
Coaches in attendance this year...click here.
General Information for the Event:
OFFICIAL NOTICE: All tournaments are considered private events owned and operated by the Southern California Volleyball Association (SCVA), under the rules and regulations required for sanction by USA Volleyball.Â Tournament areas may be used to photograph and record video and film footage in connection with the sporting event, for authorized use as described in the USAV Code of Conduct required of all participants. The SCVA is not affiliated with any independent, third-party video, photography or recruiting service that may be filming or photographing at events, and has NOT granted any official rights to these companies for the use of footage obtained at the event. Official media representatives are designated with a MEDIA identification, representing their own individual publications or news sources. The official photographers are identified with STAFF or PHOTO identification.Â Any other persons conducting business in any SCVA competition venue without authorization are subject to removal from the premises.
Website page updated: Thursday, August 10, 2017 12:37 PM