The 33rd Annual Las Vegas Classic
February 16th - 18th, 2019
This is a Support the Sport event, which is the "Stay and Play" policy for SCVA events. Please look closely at the policy and plan ahead to book your rooms through KC Sports Housing.
Support the Sport (Event Housing Policy): http://www.kcsportshousing.com/
The cost of this year's event will be $900.00 per team. To enter the event, please enter through Advanced Event Systems at www.advancedeventsystems.com The event will open on AES at 9PM PST on October 31, 2018, and will close as soon as the event is filled. Due to limited court space, the number of teams will be strictly enforced. This year, the SCVA will offer a 15 Open Division, in addition to the 18 Open and Club, the 17 Open and Club, and the 16 Open and Club Divsions.
The SCVA's 13th Annual Unsigned Showcase in Las Vegas at the Mandalay Bay is right around the corner. MarKi Recruiting Events has partnered up with the SCVA to run the Unsigned Showcase. This is the premier showcase sanctioned exclusively by the SCVA with sessions for athletes from 9th-12th grade. Here are the details.
There are two additional unsanctioned showcases that will be held besides ours. We want to be perfectly clear: the SCVA sanctions, supports, and recommends only our official SCVA Unsigned Showcase. The two other showcases being run (one by Biokats at UNLV and one by PrepVolleyball at Durango high school) have absolutely no relationship with the SCVA or the Las Vegas Classic.
- Date: Friday (February 15, 2019)
- Who: Unsigned athletes in the 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022 class.
- Location: Las Vegas at the Mandalay Bay
- Cost: $100
- Session 1: 3:00pm-4:30pm juniors only
- Session 2: 4:30pm-6:00pm seniors only
- Session 3: 6:00pm-7:30pm juniors and seniors only
- Session 4: 7:30pm-9:00pm sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Registration: Click here to register or Marki visit our website. Registration information is listed on the home page.
What To Expect at the SCVA Unsigned Showcase:
- Hundreds of college coaches in attendance. We had 993 players last year and close to 300 coaches.
- Free Profile Service ... college coaches can view your video/info through our website. Note - Players can upload their videos, transcripts, and any documents that college coaches request for their needs.
- All college coaches have free access to player profiles.
- Gatorade products at registration.
- Showcase t-shirt and bib number.
- We also have keynote speakers for our four Parent Recruiting Seminars that will be held simultaneously with each session.
Map Layout click here.
Online registration will open at 9PM PST on October 31, 2018, at www.advancedeventsystems.com, for the 18 Open and Club, 17 Open and Club, and 16 Club Divisions. Please contact KC Sport Housing to book rooms in accordance with our Support the Sport Stay and Play policy. Their website is www.kcsportshousing.com, their email contact is email@example.com and their phone contact is 1-800-775-7244.
There are multiple snack bars in all of the halls. There is a large Starbucks, a 24 hour cafe, buffet, etc. In addition, there is a Food Court outside Hall A and B which has the follwing options and hours:
Bonanno's New Your Pizza - 7am - 10pm
Johnny Rockets - 10am - 10pm
Subway - open 24 hours
Pan Asian Express - 9am - 10pm
Other food ordering options and discounts:
The complete event will be uploaded to AES early the week of 02/11/2019.
|Flow Chart 2019
|Tie Breaking Procedures
This exciting event at Mandalay Bay is right around the corner. Please see below for guidelines regarding check in and roster requirements:
- Check in will be in the lobby of the Mandalay Bay Convention Center beginning at 2pm on Friday, February 15.
- Check in will end promptly at 8pm on Friday, February 15 and resume at 6:30am on Saturday, February 16, also in the Mandalay Bay Convention Center lobby.
- Each team must submit an AES event roster at the check in desk that is pre-printed, signed, dated, phone number, etc.
- Roster updates are open until the morning of the start of the event, so all changes must be made electronically through AES. No write ins!
- Each team will also need a copy of their AES event roster for each round of play. While these will not be collected, it is a good idea to have several copies in case one is lost or misplaced or left behind.
- If you choose to save time, you can email this signed and verified roster to firstname.lastname@example.org anytime from now until Wednesday, February 13, at 3pm. Anytime after this, they cannot be accepted as the office will be closed, and emails will not be forwarded. You will received a confirmation if I have received your emailed roster. If you do not receive such an email, please be prepared to go to the event check in in Las Vegas either Friday afternoon or Saturday morning.
Thanks for your cooperation, and see you soon!
There will be no coaches meeting on Friday night. Any and all changes will be updated on AES. Please note, that the tournament will be paperless and all results will be accessed online through the AES system, or by using one of their apps for smart phones.
College Coaches : Recruiting materials available through University Athlete.
Coaches in attendance this year...click here.
General Information for the Event:
OFFICIAL NOTICE: All tournaments are considered private events owned and operated by the Southern California Volleyball Association (SCVA), under the rules and regulations required for sanction by USA Volleyball.Â Tournament areas may be used to photograph and record video and film footage in connection with the sporting event, for authorized use as described in the USAV Code of Conduct required of all participants. The SCVA is not affiliated with any independent, third-party video, photography or recruiting service that may be filming or photographing at events, and has NOT granted any official rights to these companies for the use of footage obtained at the event. Official media representatives are designated with a MEDIA identification, representing their own individual publications or news sources. The official photographers are identified with STAFF or PHOTO identification.Â Any other persons conducting business in any SCVA competition venue without authorization are subject to removal from the premises.
Website page updated: Thursday, August 10, 2017 12:37 PM